I was looking for the CD installer of the printer but could not find it. Fortunately, after 30 minutes of sniffing the web I was able to find one. So for those who need it go to http://install.westgatesoftware.com/drivers/PRINTERS/Epson/TM-T90/ and download APD304e.exe or just search for that executable file using Google. Just follow these steps to install the driver:
- Run the installer.
- Select the right OS.
- Select USB as the port to be used.
- Select the correct model from the list.
- Let the installer do its work.
- Restart your computer.
The other hard part is, if you're not familiar with installing printers using USB port instead of a printer port without the CD installer which I am earlier), how do I make it work after running the installer. Here's a simple procedure:
- Go to Control Panel and select Printer and Faxes.
- Select the correct printer from the list, in this case it's Epson TM U220, right click and select Properties.
- Go to the Port tab.
- You'll see that the printer you've just installed is using USB. You have to change that. Look for `Virtual Printer Port for USB` and select it and Apply.
- If you check the Printer and Faxes folder again, the status of the printer should be `Ready`. If it's not just restart your computer.
- After restarting, go right back to the Properties of the printer and go to the Port tab and uncheck both `Enable bidirectional support` and `Enable printer pooling`.
- Run a Test Print.
- If it did not print then go to Code and Cook where I got most of this (look at the comments maybe those can help you) and what made me write about it again because I thought it is a helpful article.